Screen "flickering"

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I noticed my SP3 has been trying to compensate brightness lately, almost like the auto brightness is confused but it's not auto brightness because I notice the same thing when I turn it off. Has anyone else noticed this? There are noticeable variations in the brightness every few seconds. I'm wondering if it has to do with the graphics update floating around that I manually updated.

anon(4608)

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this constant flickering on my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro as well. It happens randomly and very annoying because it's difficult to write anything. Most likely has to do with the Intel graphics drivers not being compatible with W10. Hopefully we can get beta drivers from Intel with the next preview build.

David Horn

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It's Windows. Basically, it's analysing the overall display output and reducing the backlight brightness slightly when it has a predominantly whiter background. The flickering will reset if you reboot.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I too had flickering issues after about 4 days after installing W10. I just reinstalled W8.1 & it's now back to normal; thank heavens it wasn't a hardware defect.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my SP3 has been trying to compensate brightness lately, almost like the auto brightness is confused but it's not auto brightness because I notice the same thing when I turn it off. Has anyone else noticed this? There are noticeable variations in the brightness every few seconds. I'm wondering if it has to do with the graphics update floating around that I manually updated.

If you installed a graphics driver that did not come through Windows Update, that could be the problem. I would suggest rolling back to see if it continues. Something else to check is if the problem happens only when plugged into an outlet. I had something akin happen and it turned out the it was just the plug was not fully inserted and the device was cycling between the brightness set for AC and battery If it continues and really is constant, that could indicate the sensor is defective since it really is not just a Windows problem.....

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. It is a very small fluctuation in the screen brightness, plugged in or on battery.
It is very noticable.
I'm running the stock 8.1 install and stock drivers :(

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but this behavior occurs whether "auto brightness" is on or off.
The flickering is so fast, it could not possibly be by any design.
After the crazy weekend, I'll probably go to the store :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999