MS Store Charlotte Grand Opening!

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone going to the grand opening? Kelly Clarkson is the performer....I'm sure she's great, but im excited about the store (geeks will be geeks).

Im curious to see how many people will buy SP3's. Im also excited that there is now a possibility for me to do a trade in when surface pro 4 comes!!

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I went also...it was crazy....didnt see anyone buy a sp3, but i didnt stay long. Heard jake delhomme was there too. the store is smaller than the apple store. But still nice. This old lady won the xbox one....jealous

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone check out the MS Store in Charlotte lately? I hope they get good business because I was in Best Buy NorthLake a few days ago, and checking out the Surface 3. There was another lady also inquiring about it...and she asked the BB guy what the difference was between S3 and SP3....and boy did he get it wrong....he told her S3 can only install apps, not desktop software because S3 doesn't have full windows.

Irked by this, I had to chime in:

"That's not true", I said.
He went on to explain the limitations of Windows RT
I stood my ground several times and kept saying he was misinformed and not accurate. Finally, I told him that I wasn't trying to argue with him, and that I know he is wrong and if he could go do some research before steering customers in an uninformed fashion...and as I turned and walked away, I could hear the lady plea for my help as she yelled..."Please, can you tell me if I can install office on it?!!"....

I realized I made the BB Guy look bad, so I left that up to him....

It was funny though, but thank god the MS store exists because Best Buy is still not understanding the difference.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone check out the MS Store in Charlotte lately? I hope they get good business because I was in Best Buy NorthLake a few days ago, and checking out the Surface 3. There was another lady also inquiring about it...and she asked the BB guy what the difference was between S3 and SP3....and boy did he get it wrong....he told her S3 can only install apps, not desktop software because S3 doesn't have full windows.

Irked by this, I had to chime in:

"That's not true", I said.
He went on to explain the limitations of Windows RT
I stood my ground several times and kept saying he was misinformed and not accurate. Finally, I told him that I wasn't trying to argue with him, and that I know he is wrong and if he could go do some research before steering customers in an uninformed fashion...and as I turned and walked away, I could hear the lady plea for my help as she yelled..."Please, can you tell me if I can install office on it?!!"....

I realized I made the BB Guy look bad, so I left that up to him....

It was funny though, but thank god the MS store exists because Best Buy is still not understanding the difference.

So many reps think SP3 is RT. It's beyond me where they are getting this info from. I think you did a great job! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)