My new Surface PRO 2 tablet!

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a surface pro 2 today. Pretty impressed with it so far after running all of the updates and then installing classic shell to get the start screen back.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Cool! Did you get a touch or type cover also?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
Thanks! I have the type cover 2 (I think... it's the one with the backlight right?)... but really wish the on screen keyboard had wordflow swiping like on my phone.
WP_20141028_15_31_00_Pro_edited.jpg

Last edited:

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I thought those SP2s were discontinued a couple weeks ago finally? Did you get it for a great discount? I'm curious why you would take that over the SP3?

Korlon

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I've had the SP2 256gb model for almost a year now and I've been nothing but impressed with its performance. I hope your sp2 impresses you as much as mine has, it's an absolutely phenomenal piece of hardware.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I got it used! Definitely would have liked to get an SP3, but too much $ for me. I am really loving this one so far though. It feels a bit more of a laptop than tablet for me and how im using it, still relying on my ipad for reviewing pdf documents with lots of pages. The scaling of those documents just feels more natural.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought a SP2 at the beginning of the year in my effort to replace most of my heavy textbooks and binders - and besides a few small kinks it's fulfilled that requirement darn well. Searchable notes in OneNote is unbelievably helpful

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
My classmate was asking me how I like my surface pro 1, which I still use as my daily drive. Still runs well after 2 years! Her husband plans on getting her the surface pro 2 also. Surface 3 is out of her budget. Joejoe42, have you tried the record audio option?? That is pretty darn wonderful too. It'll highlight the notes with the corroding audio. Kind of like that one pen... Light scribe? Scribe pen? Either way that function is cool and useful!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually just got my hands on a Pro 2 as well a few days ago.
Need to pick up a Type Cover 2 for it or so, so I'll have to figure it out.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
My classmate was asking me how I like my surface pro 1, which I still use as my daily drive. Still runs well after 2 years! Her husband plans on getting her the surface pro 2 also. Surface 3 is out of her budget. Joejoe42, have you tried the record audio option?? That is pretty darn wonderful too. It'll highlight the notes with the corroding audio. Kind of like that one pen... Light scribe? Scribe pen? Either way that function is cool and useful!

Wow, I didn't know about that....and I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable with OneNote :p. My favourite feature has got to be the fantastic search indexing that works with text, scanned documents, handwriting and photos - it's so handy for creating summary notes during revision time :p

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
just checking back in with an update after about two months of use... i love this SP2!!! I am really pleased with it and how well it integrates with my other devices (my laptop is the Asus N550JV Core i7-4700HQ with an nVIDIA GeForce GT 750M gpu and a Lumia 1520). I am also very pleased with Windows 8.1 and think the overall experience between the three devices is pretty much ideal.

quick pic of the SP2 with the Lumia 1520.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb