Why can't I get to Xbox store from my Surface?

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Please help - can't get to Xbox store from Surface

A couple of days ago I was browsing the Xbox video store looking for some movies to download to my surface 3 so I could take them on a plane. I didn't get around to actually renting them until yesterday and now I can't :(

When I go to either the Movies or TV store I get "Check back soon Xbox Video isn't available right now". Still happening this morning. Using the same Microsoft account on my phone I can get into the video store just fine. I could download a movie to my phone but of course that's now that I want.

I went to the store in IE on the Surface and rented a movie. It showed up in my collection on the Surface all right, but streaming only. (I could have rented and downloaded the same movie on the phone).

I've tried reinstalling the Xbox vide app and rebooting. Can't think of what else to try and got no clues at all from the internet. I would think if this had happened to even one other person I would have heard about it ;)

Edward Glasheen

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Please help - can't get to Xbox store from Surface

I also get the same error on my laptop. windows 8.1. I tried the uninstall and install as well. Hasn't been working for two days.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help - can't get to Xbox store from Surface

Well today it's back. Two-day outage. Still surprised there wasn't more notice taken...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99