Is it worth installing Windows 10 Preview on my Surface Pro 3?

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I recall reading that the earlier builds were much more desktop centric. Has that changed enough to make it more natural and/or intuitive on my Pro 3?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I recall reading that the earlier builds were much more desktop centric. Has that changed enough to make it more natural and/or intuitive on my Pro 3?

It is still really the desktop/enterprise level preview. Assuming you use the SP3 all the time, it is also not really in your best interest to load an early preview version of an OS.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I was tempted because I'd made a recovery drive last night after messing up a refresh, so going back seemed easy enough if it had gotten more tablet friendly.

Buuuuut it hasn't, so I won't.

MBSMD

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I may install it to a virtual machine on my desktop computer, but I won't do it to my SP3 since I use it (and not my desktop) as my primary PC.

Too important to deal with bugs, crashes, incompatible apps, etc.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
What is your goal?

If it is to have the most touch-optimized, glitch-free experience, then stick with W8.1 (duh).

If it is to be one of the people testing a work-in-progress and providing feedback that will improve the experience in the final release, then move to WP10 (also duh).

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of people asking about installing 10, but not much about doing it within Hyper-V. Is there some major issue with 10 running in a Hyper-V? Or is it that it's an option for those with 8GB of RAM?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss