Angle of kickstand when using SP3 pen

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
To use the SP3 pen comfortably, I have to hide the kickstand and simply put my SP3 completely flat on my desk.

And most of the time, I also have to detach the type cover so that my palm would not hit any keys on the type cover. But that means I have to use the virtual keyboard (which I hate most). It would be great if the type cover supports Bluetooth :)

Is there any simple way of disabling the keyboard when writing on SP3????

I can never write nicely when using the kickstand, even at the greatest angle 150 degrees.

Occasionally I use the pen with my SP3 held on the left hand. This is cool but can only last for a while, as my left arm gets fatigue.

MBSMD

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I only use the pen for writing when the device is flat. I'll occasionally use it as a mouse pointer while it's propped up on the kickstand, but if I'm writing in OneNote or Drawboard, it's virtually always flat with the keyboard either detached or folded back behind the screen.

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It would be great if the type cover supports Bluetooth :)
Can not speak for Surface Pro 3 Keyboards (as I have a Surface RT and a Type Cover 2), but Microsoft Press does sell a Surface Wireless Adapter for Cover, which from my understanding the Pro 3 and Pro/Pro2/RT/RT2 keyboard connector is the same. But with the Wireless Adapter connected to the Touch Cover 2, the keyboard does work as a Bluetooth keyboard? Have you tried that? Small part to carry to enable what you want... they are pricey $59.99?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss