Surface pro isn't charging

Dichotomous Byte

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a new surface pro 3 today. Turned it on, set up my microsoft account. Plugged in the charger. It charges for a while (as seen from the plug icon over the battery icon) and stops.

Tried the following steps from microsoft's help page (can't post the link)

Step 1: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap or click Settings.
Step 2: Tap or click Change PC settings, tap or click Update and recovery, then tap or click Windows Update.
Step 3: Tap or click Check now.
Step 4: If there are updates available, tap or click View details.
Step 5: Tap or click to select the updates you want to install, then tap or click Install.
Step 6: Repeat these steps until you see Your PC is up to date after you tap or click Check now in Step 3.

Tried to update my firmware, but got an error message saying unable to update, "Plug your PC into power, let it fully recharge, and try again" ... wtf? really?

Was super excited to get this product, but this is a huge screw up :straight:

What can else can I try?

I've restarted my device multiple times. I've remove and refitted the power cord back into the jack. Still not charging

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a new surface pro 3 today. Turned it on, set up my microsoft account. Plugged in the charger. It charges for a while (as seen from the plug icon over the battery icon) and stops.

Tried the following steps from microsoft's help page (can't post the link)

Step 1: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap or click Settings.
Step 2: Tap or click Change PC settings, tap or click Update and recovery, then tap or click Windows Update.
Step 3: Tap or click Check now.
Step 4: If there are updates available, tap or click View details.
Step 5: Tap or click to select the updates you want to install, then tap or click Install.
Step 6: Repeat these steps until you see Your PC is up to date after you tap or click Check now in Step 3.

Tried to update my firmware, but got an error message saying unable to update, "Plug your PC into power, let it fully recharge, and try again" ... wtf? really?

Was super excited to get this product, but this is a huge screw up :straight:

What can else can I try?

I've restarted my device multiple times. I've remove and refitted the power cord back into the jack. Still not charging

Do a -hard- reset on your surface pro3. That should fix the problem. If it doesn't, make an appointment at your local MS store. The Surface Pro should still be under warranty.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I've bought stuff before that didn't work as they were meant to, take it back you'll have no issues with swapping it out for a new one. Everything happens for a reason my friend - Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett