Using iPhone or Android with the SP3?

Allen S

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
We use Surface Pro 3 at the office, home, etc. and I love it! I have the Windows Phone but Word doesnt' really work that great on it (formatting, bullets from original files, etc.) and I was curious at what thoughts people have on the best phone to get moving forward. I have had iPhone and loved it but am not opposed to trying Android. I want the most seamless experience possible with my Surface Pro 3 (if it makes a difference).

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Dude this is not where u should ask this question. The answer would always be Windows Phone. Apple and android don't exist here

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Um - haven't we been through this just a few posts ago... Since when is anyone going to seriously consider using a phone for office content creation.

So since only you can determine which phone/platform is best for your requirements probably best to do some product research instead of polling for random opinions...

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Why not try them all? With the exception of iPhone which is overpriced, you can get some affordable devices: the Moto G or Moto X for Android, and the Lumia 635 for Windows. Buy these phones and compare the experience yourself. A smartphone is complex and most of the experience of using one can't be expressed in a few lines on a forum anyway.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree with dpaynewp. Other than photos and videos, phones are not that great at office content creation or editing. Mostly due to screen size. I've tried with both Android (GN2) and WP (Icon). In my opinion it is less to do with the OS and more to do with the form factor... small 6" or smaller screen with the keyboard taking up half the screen.

The one caveat is I DO use OneNote a lot on my phone. I can do note taking and then do the main work either on my desktop or SP3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte