Pros & Cons of Surface pro 3 and will it have win 10 for future

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The biggest con is cost. Beyond that, I don't have any.

I bought the Pro 3 alone at first. It met my mobile needs-- I carry it plus a Lumia phone, and that is all the tech I need/want. I invested further in the dock and a 27" qHD monitor to have it satisfy my desktop needs (and it does). There is no task this setup can't perform except for high end gaming, but that is what my Xbox is for.

I guess you could say I bought into the Microsoft vision. I only use their hardware and services, with few exceptions where they don't have a service (like Mint). But it works for me. It met my needs first, then exceeded my expectations.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I am willing to bet practically anything that the Surface Pro 3 will get 10. Its a full PC.

Pros
- Slim, compact, can take most tasks
- good battery life
- kickstand still something unrivaled in tablets IMO.
- its an ultrabook/full PC
- stylus support

Cons
- Pricey, although not as much all things considered.
- repairability is practically nil
- replace battery? HAH
- upgrades? LOL

i missed a bunch, but that's the idea though

I'd dispute the battery life claims since I went from 8-9 hours with medium use to 4-5 hours same usage after last firmware update.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have an i5/128GB and I am having no issues. I have a dual band Netgear router and connect my SP3 to the 5.8GHz band. I have good WiFi reception throughout our house.

As far as Windows 10. I believe SP3 users will get it, so I wouldn't wait for the rumored SP4. The SP3 is a great machine. My two cents.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That's not what I meant. I meant that I only use Microsoft stuff, unless Microsoft doesn't offer a service that I need, like Mint, which I use daily. But all my gadgets are Microsoft.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Biggest cons for me are still the throttling issue and aspect ratio issue. I use dual monitors at home and I'm always having to switch the aspect ratio every time i disconnect and reconnect to go from QHD to 1920x1080. Also the throttling has been getting worse and worse. I run a lot of SQL models and Excel models and it gets pretty slow. SP2 did it much better.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Biggest cons for me are still the throttling issue and aspect ratio issue. I use dual monitors at home and I'm always having to switch the aspect ratio every time i disconnect and reconnect to go from QHD to 1920x1080. Also the throttling has been getting worse and worse. I run a lot of SQL models and Excel models and it gets pretty slow. SP2 did it much better.

I have a qHD monitor, so I don't deal with the resolution issue as often, but yes, Windows' handling of multiple screen resolutions has always been stupid.

I have no idea what you're referring to with throttling, though, and I put mine through a workout at times.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a qHD monitor, so I don't deal with the resolution issue as often, but yes, Windows' handling of multiple screen resolutions has always been stupid.

I have no idea what you're referring to with throttling, though, and I put mine through a workout at times.

Google it. its a huge reported issue with the device. Mine slows to a crawl and I have the i5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss