New SP3 15-128gb - Clicking on Window Update in the PC Settings area only shows Circle of Dots...

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
So all I can see is the circle of dots rotating around now for a few hours after installing the first round of 46 updates and whatever firmware it installed. When I first went there it had all the options (previous updates, choose how updates are installed, etc.) now it just shows the rotating circle of dots. Anyone else have this problem or is it normal? I just got this SP3 last week and like I said, these are the first updates that were installed.

Frustrated...

Chris :eck:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Try going via the Control Panel for windows updates. You might have a corrupted MS update datastore on your system. There is way to fix it (painless), but try the control panel method first.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Try going via the Control Panel for windows updates. You might have a corrupted MS update datastore on your system. There is way to fix it (painless), but try the control panel method first.

This happened to me and what Guzzler says above worked via control panel for updates vs swiping in and doing it that way. Not sure why but...

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Went to windows update via control panel and still got errors downloading updates BUT it gave me a link to a fix, had to run it twice but all is fine now...in both places.

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
How did you fix this? I get the circle of dots also

Went to control panel >>>windows update then check for updates then install updates. When it gets an error installing updates, click view details the a link will be supplied to run a fix. After the fix I installed updates again and a couple got installed then got errors again. Clicked details and ran the fix again and all has been good since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers