Latest Firmware Update

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I just logged in and saw a firmware update. I clicked link to see what it was for but brought me to generic page with no info.

anyone know what it is for?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
At the very least the WiFi connection is now stable - first time in months. A high speed connection is also now high speed again with immediate connections where it previously struggled (or did not connect) and no perceptible drops or lags. Brightness control for the display seems to be fixed as well - disconnect power and it dims the correct amount (and vice versa) and auto brightness is not leaving me in the dark. Since things seem to be where I want them for the first time since October, I may turn block future firmware updates unless they are unlocking new features. Each firmware update for SP3 has otherwise been an adventure and the November update killed two devices. So far this looks like they undid the messes and boosted performance to where it was before the various fall fixes....

MBSMD

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
So far, the firmware update has been great.

WiFi connects way faster on boot or wake from sleep and I love the option to disable the Windows key on the bezel. Always would hit it when writing with the pen.

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even know there was a firmware update because Windows Update automatically downloaded and installed it. :excited:

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I AM HAVING THIS 99% stuck on plugged in...
I believe it prevents the Surface Pro 3 from overcharging?
It's just my guess

ANYONE ELSE has this kind of "changelog" after the update?

markavo

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've install all of the latest updates and, although my WiFi is better, now my screen continues to turn on while my tablet is in my bag. I thought they'd solved this problem last summer. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3