Wifi Issues Still?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my sp3 since summer. Even back then I've had issues signing onto wifi in public places like Starbucks. It still persists though it has gotten better.

Anybody else dealing with this? Fixes?

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
My SP3 is 7 weeks old - never had any WiFi (SP3) related issues. Manufacturers are constantly upgrading or changing parts during manufacture - maybe the build dates have something to do with the 'documented' WiFi issues. If it is an hardware issue, no amount of firmware issues will fix it.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My SP3 is 7 weeks old - never had any WiFi (SP3) related issues. Manufacturers are constantly upgrading or changing parts during manufacture - maybe the build dates have something to do with the 'documented' WiFi issues. If it is an hardware issue, no amount of firmware issues will fix it.

You knew I think it might just be the sites wifi; all the ppl, a weaker signal then my home (or another person's house). I went to a Starbucks the other day that used Google wifi...absolutely no problems. I think my main problems are with ATT wifi.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Wi-Fi issues seem to be resolved thanks to the last firmware they recently released. Not having to turn off Wi-Fi then turn it back on when switching connections.

belgiantrotter

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
for me its the opposite.. I never had any problems
the recent firmware update i now get disconnected from guest/public wifi's.

anybody knows how to restore the old wifi drivers? the rollback button is greyed out

JohnClarkson

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I had finally fixed my wifi issues by rolling back an update. That was around October I believe. Then after the January update all the wifi issues came back. Mainly it won't connect after the computer goes into any kind of power save mode. Most of the time requires a reboot of the machine.

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got my SP3 just before Christmas and didn't have any WiFI issues until I installed Win10TP. Now I'm sitting less than 10 feet from my router and it won't connect. Very frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos