03-20-2015 02:59 PM
51 123
tools
    5) Make room for pen in the device
    I've owned my SP3 for maybe 3 hours, and i can see me losing the pen soon. I wish there was a slot or something in the body of the device to slide the pen in, or at least something for the clip on the pen to go into...
    02-24-2015 11:01 PM
    I've owned my SP3 for maybe 3 hours, and i can see me losing the pen soon. I wish there was a slot or something in the body of the device to slide the pen in, or at least something for the clip on the pen to go into...
    Have you attached the pen holder that comes with the keyboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-25-2015 04:25 AM
    Have you attached the pen holder that comes with the keyboard?
    I didn't get the type Cover yet. I need to wait till next week to get one. So until then I might just not use the pen and keep it with the box, just so I'm sure I won;t lose it... lol...
    02-25-2015 09:53 AM
    Once you get the keyboard it wont be a problem. Also, some Surface cases come with a pen holder, I just picked up an Incipio. Definitely get a case
    02-25-2015 10:07 AM
    Once you get the keyboard it wont be a problem. Also, some Surface cases come with a pen holder, I just picked up an Incipio. Definitely get a case
    Yea, noticed that it's a VERY big piece of glass... lol.. needs protection...
    02-25-2015 10:18 AM
    Yea, noticed that it's a VERY big piece of glass... lol.. needs protection...
    Maybe case wasn't the best word, think I really meant sleeve. That said, the keyboard covers the glass. The sleeve I picked up actually is big enough for the surface and keyboard cover as well
    02-25-2015 10:22 AM
    Maybe case wasn't the best word, think I really meant sleeve. That said, the keyboard covers the glass. The sleeve I picked up actually is big enough for the surface and keyboard cover as well
    Ahh, true. So if I may ask, what do use? I see so much out there, I'd rather get info from a real person than a picture on a web site...
    02-25-2015 12:09 PM
    I don't feel the need for a sleeve. The keyboard cover provides adequate protection for the glass. And if I drop it and it breaks, that's why I bought the insurance. Keeping it ultra light and convenient is the whole purpose for me.
    02-25-2015 01:01 PM
    Ahh, true. So if I may ask, what do use? I see so much out there, I'd rather get info from a real person than a picture on a web site...
    I picked up an Incipio ORD sleeve from Amazon for ~$30. Has a pen holder similar to the keyboard holder and is big enough for the Surface+keyboard cover to fit in
    02-25-2015 01:19 PM
    I picked up an Incipio ORD sleeve from Amazon for ~$30. Has a pen holder similar to the keyboard holder and is big enough for the Surface+keyboard cover to fit in
    Oh sweet.. I'll check it out... Thanks!!
    02-25-2015 01:24 PM
    I use the Incipio as well
    the side pocket can take the charger and lead, but instead of using the pen holder on the bottom of the sleeve (where it is a bit more exposed) I just leave the side pocket unzipped a bit and slide the pen in there
    02-25-2015 06:27 PM
    Funny... I was looking on the Microsoft Store web site today, looking for the Type Cover, and I saw that I could get a free case with purchase of a Surface. So I went to the Store that I got my Surface at today, to get the Type Cover, and told them about the free case. They agreed, of course, so I got a free case. It's the Hex case with the zipper in front, black. Not too bad I guess, but not bad for free. Not sure I'd pay for it if I had to, so I'll use it for now. The front zipper pocket is so tight that I doubt I'd fit the charger in there, maybe just some paper.

And now I need to figure out where to stick the pen holder that comes with the Type Cover, so it doesn't get in the way when putting in/out of the case...
    02-25-2015 10:08 PM
    FYI. Here is a little bit of news about the SP4. It looks like there will be two versions... a 12" model and a 14" model. Also, more talk about a Surface Pro Mini, but not much on that. They are expecting a July release for the SP4.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Will Hit Stores Before iPad Pro
    03-08-2015 04:56 PM
    What do you mean by the kickstand getting out of shape?
    03-09-2015 05:13 PM
    You could stick it onto the power port, but note that its not that secure!
    03-09-2015 05:17 PM
    I'd like to see 2 versions; a 12" Surface Pro 4 tablet, 2-in-1 Core-M and a 14" Surface Laptop with Skylake and bezl-less display (ie xps 13).

I think 1440p resolution on both is more than fine.
    03-09-2015 06:47 PM
    I'm hoping for a 12 gb ram option, some software magic to estimate remaining battery again, thinner (because it's always thinner) and more advertising
    03-09-2015 07:26 PM
    Id like to see a reduction in thickness and weight, also improved battery life. That's it for me!
    03-10-2015 01:06 AM
    ok, I will preface this by saying I am having a bad day with my SP3
    but my wish for the SP4 is Microsoft don't release it til they solve all the solvable problems with the SP3.
    having looked through some threads here and elsewhere, I reckon there were a few SP2 owners saying the same thing re SP3 release
    03-10-2015 01:31 AM
    -Better & bigger trackpad.
    -A second USB port or a thunderbolt port(prefer another USB port)
    -A slot for the stylus.
    -14 inch option.
    03-10-2015 08:00 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the surface pro 3 weight & thickness, in my opinion.
    03-10-2015 08:01 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the surface pro 3 weight & thickness, in my opinion.
    I agree, but I also just assume the trend will continue
    03-10-2015 09:21 AM
    Use the Fn key plus either the del or backspace key to change brightness.

Here is a link to other function. Microsoft Surface Type Covers| Type Cover, Type Cover 2, and Type Cover for Surface Pro 3
    Thanks, that's a nifty trick! But I said "a button" as a welcome improvement for the next gen; I didn't say a key combo for the current gen.
    03-16-2015 03:39 PM
    No, it should NOT come with keyboad included. This will mean that you have to buy two or more keyboards you may don't need, if several family members buy Surface for different reasons.
    I can see that I buy a Surface and a docking for use as my desktop machine. And only take the Surface to use as a tablet on travel and so.

So please do not include keyboad. But a little lower price will be good. :-)
    the whole taco likes this.
    03-19-2015 08:39 AM
    The problem is, if they go with the Core M processor (which I think it a given) then the performance is going to suffer. Right now, it comes in somewhere between a Core i3 and Core i5 for performance. Not much of a battery boost either.

​The advantage is that the design should be fanless.
    03-20-2015 01:12 PM
51 123