Water found its way in to Type Cover. Help!

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I was cleaning my Type Cover tonight, and I did a bad thing. I put the Cover under the sink. I figured I would water the bezel of the keyboard, and I would use my towel to spread the water around. Well, what I discovered after I turned the sink off was that water was seeping between the keys and below to what I think is the circuitry (whatever is directly under the keys). Now when I try to use it, some keys register two letters, and the trackpad about 60% of the time fails to work. I know I made a huge mistake,but it hasn't been very long since it happened. I'm wondering if there's a way to get it back to the way it was before.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Use a hair dryer.
And FYI People don't turn ON electronic devices after they have been wet with water.
Impure water is a good conductor and while you turn it on you may short circuit the entire thing.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Use a hair dryer.
And FYI People don't turn ON electronic devices after they have been wet with water.
Impure water is a good conductor and while you turn it on you may short circuit the entire thing.

How wilI I know if it works then? And how long must I keep it under the hair dryer?

Bolimomo

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
It may be more costly to take it to a repair shop for repair, considering your time, their time, and their labor rate, which could be up to $100/hour? A new type cover is only $129.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
It may be more costly to take it to a repair shop for repair, considering your time, their time, and their labor rate, which could be up to $100/hour? A new type cover is only $129.

The water went inside his device !
What else is the option ?
​He shouldnt open it by himself If its still under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb