Font Size Between Monitors

p3ntyne

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

Recently, I started connecting my Surface to my external monitor and noticed that it reset the font size back to the default every time I switched displays (despite having each option set 1pt lower than default). I tried switching to the 'use one scaling option for all displays' option but a 1080p monitor at 150% looks ridiculously big. Is there anyway I can save my font settings when switching between the internal and external display?

Thanks.

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
High DPI tablet + External Monitor = Bag of Suck.

Microsoft has not figured out how to do this yet, very frustrating. I actually just tried again today to make my Surface 3 my primary machine. I was frustrated within 15 minutes and hooked up my tower again. No High DPI machine will ever be a desktop replacement if Microsoft can't fix multi-monitor scaling.

This is an article that could help:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/danchar/arc...on-with-surface-pro-3-dpi-scaling-tweaks.aspx

Last edited:

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft has not figured out how to do this yet, very frustrating. I actually just tried again today to make my Surface 3 my primary machine. I was frustrated within 15 minutes and hooked up my tower again. No High DPI machine will ever be a desktop replacement if Microsoft can't fix multi-monitor scaling.
... ]

yep. MS have real issues on this front. which they have been ignoring. One can only assume because it is too hard to solve?

throw in similar 'desktop replacement' issues as problematic connections to external drives via docking, thinking it is still in tablet mode by not displaying cursor etc.
very disappointing.

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
yep. MS have real issues on this front. which they have been ignoring. One can only assume because it is too hard to solve?

throw in similar 'desktop replacement' issues as problematic connections to external drives via docking, thinking it is still in tablet mode by not displaying cursor etc.
very disappointing.

I want to use this device all the time, I really do, but MS is making it impossible. I really love my surface, the dock is just useless for me though, and I still need my desktop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte