Hey,

Recently, I started connecting my Surface to my external monitor and noticed that it reset the font size back to the default every time I switched displays (despite having each option set 1pt lower than default). I tried switching to the 'use one scaling option for all displays' option but a 1080p monitor at 150% looks ridiculously big. Is there anyway I can save my font settings when switching between the internal and external display?

Thanks.
    03-06-2015 08:57 AM
    High DPI tablet + External Monitor = Bag of Suck.

Microsoft has not figured out how to do this yet, very frustrating. I actually just tried again today to make my Surface 3 my primary machine. I was frustrated within 15 minutes and hooked up my tower again. No High DPI machine will ever be a desktop replacement if Microsoft can't fix multi-monitor scaling.

This is an article that could help:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/danchar/arch...ng-tweaks.aspx
    Last edited by mclark2112; 03-06-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    rdubmu likes this.
    03-06-2015 10:13 AM
    Thanks - that's what I feared... I guess I''l just keep the default font settings.
    03-06-2015 09:34 PM
    Microsoft has not figured out how to do this yet, very frustrating. I actually just tried again today to make my Surface 3 my primary machine. I was frustrated within 15 minutes and hooked up my tower again. No High DPI machine will ever be a desktop replacement if Microsoft can't fix multi-monitor scaling.
    ... ]
    yep. MS have real issues on this front. which they have been ignoring. One can only assume because it is too hard to solve?

throw in similar 'desktop replacement' issues as problematic connections to external drives via docking, thinking it is still in tablet mode by not displaying cursor etc.
    very disappointing.
    03-07-2015 08:37 PM
    yep. MS have real issues on this front. which they have been ignoring. One can only assume because it is too hard to solve?

throw in similar 'desktop replacement' issues as problematic connections to external drives via docking, thinking it is still in tablet mode by not displaying cursor etc.
    very disappointing.
    I want to use this device all the time, I really do, but MS is making it impossible. I really love my surface, the dock is just useless for me though, and I still need my desktop.
    03-14-2015 09:53 PM