Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

Hi,

Whenever I download pdf files from the internet they open onto the pre-installed pdf viewer, where a black screen is brought up, instead of the file, is there any way how to rectify this? Also is there any way in how to set the Adobe pdf viewer as the main pdf viewer, instead of the pre-installer pdf viewer?
    03-11-2015 10:39 AM
    There's a pre-installed PDF Reader???

Anyway, just uninstall the other app and leave Adobe there and it will be the default. Simple.

There should be an option to open the PDF in whatever app you want if you have more than one PDF app.
    03-11-2015 10:43 AM
    Hi,

Whenever I download pdf files from the internet they open onto the pre-installed pdf viewer, where a black screen is brought up, instead of the file, is there any way how to rectify this? Also is there any way in how to set the Adobe pdf viewer as the main pdf viewer, instead of the pre-installer pdf viewer?
    Select pdf file > open with > choose adobe reader.
    Alternative way : Start button >type default programs > open the application browse to pdf files and choose adobe reader as the default app.
    BGrewer likes this.
    03-11-2015 10:46 AM
    If you install Acrobat, or even Foxit Reader, the next time you open a PDF a box should come up asking what program you want to use to open the PDF file.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-11-2015 10:47 AM
    The pdf (I think) is pre-installed is reader, I haven't downloaded it, so I'm guessing that its pre-installed?
    03-11-2015 10:59 AM
    The pdf (I think) is pre-installed is reader, I haven't downloaded it, so I'm guessing that its pre-installed?
    Just remove it if you don't want it. There's nothing stopping you doing that. It's just an app.
    03-11-2015 11:43 AM
    Yea the reader app is preinstalled by default and is set as your default app to open pdf files...I
    If you are facing issues with it I would recommend you to uninstall it, use any third party pdf reader app. When you uninstall the reader app, do note that, any other third party app that is currently installed, gets the default allocation for pdf extension files. !
    03-11-2015 11:47 AM
    I've un-installed the (rubbish) pdf reader, and I've set Adobe's PDF reader is set as default, which is working like a charm :)
    Thanks for the help!
    03-11-2015 02:48 PM
    Just be aware that the MS PDF reader app works very well on phone, tablet and desktop. It opens everything I've thrown at it instantly. Using the Adobe one is fine, but the fact the MS one was failing points to there being an issue with your device that may cause other problems in future.
    white_Shadoww likes this.
    03-11-2015 03:25 PM
    It's worked with everything I've opened apart from when downloading pdf's from Google scholar
    Last edited by BGrewer; 03-12-2015 at 07:41 AM.
    03-12-2015 07:00 AM
    I've un-installed the (rubbish) pdf reader, and I've set Adobe's PDF reader is set as default, which is working like a charm :)
    Cool.

If you send/receive a lot of PDF's in Outlook 2013, you may want to give Foxit Reader a try as it includes a PDF Previewer (meaning PDF's can be shown in Outlook's Reading Pane without having to launch another app).
    BGrewer likes this.
    03-12-2015 07:20 AM