Does anyone's Bluetooth work? / What is best mouse/keyboard combo for artists?

Beanis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought my wife, an illustrator, a surface pro 3. I got her the wedge mouse (bluetooth) and a bluetooth keyboard (The type cover isn't practical for artists). After weeks of frustration of the bluetooth connection dropping constantly and reading around on the net, I've concluded this is just a defect with the Surface Pro 3. I don't know that anyone can maintain a connection.

So that being said, what is a good keyboard and mouse solution anyone can recommend?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an SP3 with an Arc Touch Surface edition mouse and the Bluetooth connection is usually pretty solid. I've had it stop working twice that I can remember (both around 3-4 hours in to an 8hr day) and turning the mouse off and on again restored the connection immediately. The SP3 also seems to have no trouble holding/re-establishing (not sure which it does) the connection after waking from sleep.

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend any USB dongle setup. I have that and with zero problems. It does suck to have to waste a port for keyboard and mouse but it's reliable with no interference problems. Some of the systems out there allow both keyboard and mouse over the same single dongle

anon(9227267)

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend any USB dongle setup. I have that and with zero problems. It does suck to have to waste a port for keyboard and mouse but it's reliable with no interference problems. Some of the systems out there allow both keyboard and mouse over the same single dongle

Agree with this ^^. Tried my desktop Logitech keyboard/mouse combo and it worked great, 1 dongle needed.

ETA - M705 mouse .... K750 keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb