Has anyone actually bought a refurb from MS

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Saving $300 is a pretty good deal imho. I'm still on the fence between the 3 and the SP3. But the price makes it seem like a no brainer.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Saving $300 is a pretty good deal imho. I'm still on the fence between the 3 and the SP3. But the price makes it seem like a no brainer.

Given warranty exchange SP3s are refurbished, I wouldn't touch one for $300 let alone just $300 off. I have had nothing but aggravation out of the string of SP3 exchanges. They clearly do nothing more than basic diagnostics and a wipe before certifying. As nice a device as it might be, there have been bad batches in the production run - even Tech Support acknowledged that when they exchanged my first exchange after it had the same problem as the original. A refurbished SP3 is a also closed unit so refurbish more closely means re-sell. You might get one that was just a return or you might get one that will have problems. I may regularly buy refurbished Dells for my office but those have proved reliable and Dell stands behind them with the full (new purchase) warranty. I can't say the same for Microsoft and as far as I know the refurbished warranty is short....

RedVagabond

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one off amazon that should be here tomorrow. Got the i5 256GB with a keyboard for $850. Hell of a deal imo. We'll see how it works out for me. Comes with a 1 year limited hardware warranty.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've purchased multiple items that were refurbished from Microsoft. This includes my wife's Surface 2. They always look brand new and I haven't ran into any problems that you wouldn't run into with a brand new one. I honestly sometimes prefer refurbished just due to the cheaper cost and they always look brand new... with the caveat of nothing popping up that you wouldn't expect from new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion