Should I purchase Surface pro 3 or wait for Surface pro 4?

Adeel786

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm was about to purchase surface pro 3 but then I heard the surface pro 4 should be announced at the end of this month then I heard there won't be much difference so I could go for surface pro 3.

What is your suggestion?

Thanks

Stump3r

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my SP3 a month ago and it's replaced 2 laptops and my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. In a nutshell I couldn't be happier with this device. I love it! I use mine for work and play coupled with a 1 TB jump drive for none essential documents, music and movies etc. I literally have not had any complaints with the i5 128 GB version. Runs everything I need for work and play, so from my point of view......BUY IT!

Bolimomo

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
You can always wait, and wait, and wait for the next version, or next-next version.... and so on.

Read up on the specs of SP4. See what the enhancements are, then decide. I didn't follow it, but maybe SP4 is targeting for Christmas 2015?

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
When the SP3 was launched it had many bugs - some fixed through firmware and software updates. All new hardware will have the same bugs. I bought my two SP3's about 3 months ago. Not found any bugs that early purchasers did.

Depends if you are willing to go for a pretty well sorted device, to a new buggy one.

wookiee2cu

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
Depends on if you can wait. It may be announced later this month but some models probably won't start shipping til June and other models in August like last year. If you wait for the announcement then you will have all the facts and make the right decision, plus you probably won't see a price drop on the 3 until the 4 starts shipping or just before. If it were me I'd probably wait for the press release since it should be pretty soon, this isn't a cheap device and the last thing I would want is regret that I didn't wait a few more weeks (should the SP4 specs be impressive). If you need a device before June then you should just go with the SP3, it's a great device and you won't be disappointed.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Im waiting for the sp4 !!
Assuming there is one.
It's like all the iPhone frenzy when the 4 was anticipated - loads of phrases like "always" and "traditionally released in xxxx month". Tradition? They'd been two updates. Hardly traditional.
No one knows if/when they'll be an SP4.
But if there is, i hope they do what they've done for the first time with Surface 3 and launch worldwide at the same time.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not waiting for the sp4, necessarily. I'm waiting to see what will happen to the price of the sp3. If I can get the i5 sp3 for $800 or less I'll be all over it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not waiting for the sp4, necessarily. I'm waiting to see what will happen to the price of the sp3. If I can get the i5 sp3 for $800 or less I'll be all over it.

If they dont pull an Apple and go Core M for battery life, SP3 should drop in price. If they do go Core M, the SP3 could actually be more powerful and probably wont be discounted much at all.

I doubt MS would make a Pro model Core M, but... We all hope. Lol

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
If you have the money now, buy it now. Waiting for an incremental upgrade is an infinite game, there is always something better on the horizon.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If they dont pull an Apple and go Core M for battery life, SP3 should drop in price. If they do go Core M, the SP3 could actually be more powerful and probably wont be discounted much at all.

I doubt MS would make a Pro model Core M, but... We all hope. Lol

I don't want a core m processor. We'll see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb