How can I get my auto suggest working - Surface Pro 3?

drisci

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Autosuggest is not working - Surface Pro 3

Neither the soft keyboard nor the Surface Cover keyboard provides auto suggestions. It never did from new - I only discovered it should seeing someone else using the SP3.

My Windows 8.1 is up to date. I have tried switching all the relevant options off and on in Settings, PC and devices, typing but no fix. I do not really want to go to Refresh given the hassle it involves re-installing non App Store apps.

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this problem?

Thanks!

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Autosuggest is not working - Surface Pro 3

I didn't know there was auto-suggest, the only thing similar to this is on office (which corrects words) but apart from that I'm stumped. Have you tried looking on other forums or hunting down the other person who had auto-suggestions on their Surface?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Autosuggest is not working - Surface Pro 3

Go to Settings then PC Settings then PC and Devices then Typing and you will find the control for auto correct and auto suggestions. Personally though I have to say you are not missing much. It remains embarrassing even after a couple years, You would think Microsoft would have fixed the fact that its own auto correct system substitutes Lumina for Lumia. That is also only the most obvious error. It likes to substitute lots of words on the basis of what is obviously a poorly programmed algorithm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven