How do you wrap up your power cord, do you use anything?

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering how others wrap up their SP3 power cord? I take both ends and wrap it around the brick but I don't have anything to keep it in place, so the wires get lose in my bag when traveling.

Anyone have suggestions on what to use to keep the wires in place or how do take the plug-end off the brick and pack it separately?

Bolimomo

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I do separate out the 110V end of the cord from the transformer to make it less awkward to pack.

You want a cheap method, MacGyver style? Get some wrapping twists from a grocery market. The plastic kind would be the best, or else use the paper kind. Get the longest twist you can find. One twist may not be long enough. You may need to twist some of them to make a long one. Use the "long" twist to tie your power cables. Put the 2 sets in a small sandwich-size zip lock bag if you like, to ensure both pieces travel together.

Or... whenever you buy some electronic gadgets, they typically use some plastic twists to wrap the power cords. Save them for your use.

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
WP_20150422_10_26_20_Pro.jpg
AC cord flat against the edge of the brick opposite the USB port, then wrapped back on itself twice. Then the other cord wrapped around the brick to the end where it is held in place by the little clip thingie.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I do wrap my power cord with itself, however you'll want to be careful about bending your cables at tight angles as this can wear the wire inside the cable overtime and potentially create a break in the wire.

View attachment 102928
AC cord flat against the edge of the brick opposite the USB port, then wrapped back on itself twice. Then the other cord wrapped around the brick to the end where it is held in place by the little clip thingie.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just wrap it around your waste and use it as a belt. :). Actually, all of the solutions mentioned are good ideas. It's just a matter of finding a solution that fits your needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon