Bluetooth mouse for Surface?

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I use a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1850 for my desktop, including gaming.
I want to get a Bluetooth 4.0 mouse for my Surface, as I don't want to take up the USB port.

I'm considering either the Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse or Sculpt Touch Mouse.
Question is, what is the Sculpt Touch Mouse scroll like? Is it smooth like a touchpad?

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
While I've never used the Sculpt, I've used the Arc. I personally wouldn't use the Arc as a gaming mouse because while it's portable to carry around the buttons don't feel as nice to me for the kind of rapid clicks I would do while gaming.

wookiee2cu

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
I have the Arc and it works great and takes up minimal room in the bag when folded flat. The only problem I've had (and many others have had as well) is the finger scrolling will become unresponsive. You simply fold the mouse flat to turn it off, then bend it again to turn it on and the scrolling works again. Not a big deal but annoying sometimes.

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I used the Arc mouse for a bit and wouldn't recommend it for gaming- the trackpad touch pad thing just isn't that great. Besides, won't a Bluetooth mouse lag a little bit compared to a USB mouse? Or what type of gaming are you talking about?

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I've used the Sculpt with my SP3 since January and love it. No lag that I can notice and very smooth and responsive. Connects very quickly too. Even fits in my little Amazon Basics bag nicely with the SP3.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the sculpt mouse. The scroll wheel is 'clicky'. As for the little swipe on the side... I'm still not quite used to it. I do change the configuration to be forward/back for the browser.

The one thing about Bluetooth mice, they take a bit to 'wake up' from their power saving mode. I've found that doing a mouse click is the fastest way, instead of just moving the mouse around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo