New SP3 Firmware not installing

Mikado_Wu

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I can not seem to get the new Firmware to install on my SP3. I have 10 SP3's here at work and only 1 has been updated. It is a new one that is not on the domain yet. I have tried turning off update services and clearing out those files. Still nothing. I found a couple other threads out there with the same issue, but no resolutions yet. I am only at 7 posts so far, so I can not post the links yet.

Any advice would be helpful.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Open a support case with Microsoft. If you got multiple devices with the same issue, that's a good case for them to work on (from both sides).
Surface Pro firmware updates have a history of not/(re)installing​ and being a bit unpredictable.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm unable to install it too. Mine kicks off the restart before it finishes and strangely leaves me logged in after a reboot.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
It "just worked" when it updated last night, not sure it's because it's the i5 as it the posts above metion i3's?

Cipol

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue and we have pin point to GPO WSUS settings. Once we have removed WSUS server from GPO System firmware May 19 2015 installed successfully. At least that is what is worked for us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa