SP3 recovery image needed.

Rafal Napierala

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
This is my first post here, english is not my native so pls be tolerant. ;)
I recently bought myself a Surface Pro 3, I'm super happy about it but there is one thing. It has Spanish region lock, and when I download recovery image from MS web site it is also Spanish. I know that I can change display language but this is no 100%, some things are still Spanish, and when I tried to make Win10 beta update it was messy. Is there anyone who could provide me with en-gb recovery image for SP3? I have i5, 4gb, 128gb edition. I also asked MS help desk for assistance but they just suggest to find someone with English recovery image.. So I'm trying now ;)

Thank you in advance

Rafal Napierala

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replay, but Windows 8.1 ISO is not a problem to get. Problem is to get recovery image for the SP3. Maybe someone here have english SP3 and want to share with me? This would save me a lot of trouble.

andreqms

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I cannot post links, I will explain step-by-step:
1. Go to Microsoft Surface webpage
2. Click 'Support' in the menu
3. Choose 'Surface Pro 3' after clicking 'Surface tablets'
4. Choose 'Warranty, Service and Recovery'
5. Click 'Download a recovery image for Surface'
6. Follow the steps.
7. Be happy. ^^

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
andreqms,

He will still get the Spanish variant of the recovery image with that method.

I've run into this many times, as my sister travels quite a bit, and isn't very kind to her laptops. She breaks them, then goes and gets a new one locally, that is locked into that locations language. She goes in and makes the changes to get it to display "English", but it's never 100%. She eventually ships the computer to me, and I make note of the installation key, and use a English install disk to reinstall the operating system.

A big royal pain in the *** if you ask me. It should be if you want to change the operating system to another language, it should be one click, and everything changes (require a network connection if need be to download all the necessary language packs and dll's and such).

Rafal Napierala

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Guzzler, just as you said, recovery file is Spanish, and there is no way to change it. Only way is to have English recovery file which I still do not have. If you guys willing to help I can provide FTP server for upload. This is also pain where I was updating to Win10 IP, and it was all in Spanish! Nightmare. ;)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Rafal,

Let me know of your FTP server and I can upload the English ISO.

BTW, the hardest conversion I had to do, was a laptop from Japanese to English. I had to swap out the Japanese keyboard to an English keyboard also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium