Surface Pro 3 and NOT Having to Take Out of My Bag for TSA Security.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm just happy that my "laptop" in the shape of a tablet doesn't need to be taken out of my bag like all other laptops at the airport security lines. Ahhh....the simple and small joys in life!

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
interesting, i didn't know that, something i wont experience, even as a fellow sp3 owner, as i don't fly - wonder if they will eventually "catch on"

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
BBC News had an article on this, people need to show that there device can be turned on, in case the battery's been swapped for something sinister like a bomb or drugs

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Right. And I guess the thinking is that with a tablet as opposed to a laptop, the battery (along with other components) cannot be removed and replaced with explosive parts.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Right. And I guess the thinking is that with a tablet as opposed to a laptop, the battery (along with other components) cannot be removed and replaced with explosive parts.

Which is a complete fallacy, as a tablet's worth of explosive would still be disastrous... but there you go. Most airport security is a waste of time and money.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you have to take out the surface and sometimes you don't. It all depends on the screener. In Seattle, I have never had to remove it; however, I had to in Dallas and Vancouver.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes you have to take out the surface and sometimes you don't. It all depends on the screener. In Seattle, I have never had to remove it; however, I had to in Dallas and Vancouver.

Ditto on this. Sometimes I have to take it out, sometimes not. Depends on the screener.

I left my SP3 in my bag while going through screening this past weekend and my bag was taken off the conveyer belt and checked because I "didn't remove my laptop". I informed the screener that it was a tablet, but she stated that anything with a fan needs to be removed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99