Surface pro 3 as a replacement for my laptop?

anon(6099202)

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi im a student and i am thinking of replacing my laptop with a surface pro 3. (i7 256gb 8gb) Will it offer me everything i need? Chances are high that next year i will be studying something what i will need more than average pc power for (ex: Running virtual desktops,...)
I would use it as my main pc.
Would you recommend this surface for me?
Edit: Oh one more thing: I would also use it in class, but the width of the tables is only as big as an A4 paper. Wont it fall of?

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to play high end games, it will offer all what you need. If you want to rep replace the desktop home I would recommend the docking station though.
For what do you want to use it in class?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Virtual machines. Not sure about that. The i7 might do the trick. But depends how many and what kind of VMs. That desk size might work but the keyboard would be hanging off slightly and would lack some support. But if you could use this on your lap that could be better.

I'm thinking another convertible that is more laptop like or a laptop with a little more power might work better for you.

Do you think you will use the Surface pen?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the i5/128GB and I do photo and (sometimes) video editing on it; as well as Office and some basic games. Photoshop works well on it, but Premi?re Pro can cause it to chug a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium