Should I sell my Surface Pro 3?

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Last year when I watched the reveal for the Surface Pro 3 I just had to have it and sure enough I did get one in the launch week when it came out in the UK.

However now after almost a year I don't feel like its the right device for me anymore. Windows 10 preview builds may have ruined my impression of the device, but of the two I've had (had to RMA one), neither can hold a charge, and my current one gets very hot easily (the fan is running most of the time) and I have to put it up to a fully open window to stop it from throttling.

I really like the Surface Pro 3 but I think I would be better with a Tablet + Desktop combo. My reasoning is that 90% of the time I am doing tablety stuff which is a waste of the i5 but the other 10% of the time I do resource intensive tasks like Video Editing, Visual Studio and Photoshop which the i5 struggles with.

Would it be worth getting a Surface 3 + Desktop? Or another windows tablet? I don't game on computers so the GPU for my desktop could be very cheap. And I'm not getting an iPad or android tablet, windows is the only option.

Also idk how much my SP3 would sell for. It's the i5/128GB/4GB variant with a blue keyboard but no pen

SurfaceSmiths

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you answered your own question. It appears that the SP3 is not meeting your use cases as well as you expected and you can see yourself using two devices. I personally love having one device for everything. I rarely use another device so for me it works. Additionally, if you sell now you will probably get more for it as we are going into announcement and back to school sale season which will drive down the price of your SP3.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Windows 10 gets really hot on my pro 3 as well. Get a docking station and go back to windows 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb