Any Fix Yet For Stylus Not Opening OneNote in Win 10?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The latest build 10166 of Win 10 on the Surface Pro 3 is nice (I'm still learning how to clip quickly to One Note from Edge), but clicking the top button of the stylus still no longer opens One Note. I've read that this has been a problem in previous builds but has anyone found a way to get it working again?

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Try syncing your pen again. I didn't know it was Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on tablet. Then hold down the button on top of pen for a few seconds until light under pocket clip flashes. Pen should work.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I can get the stylus to open the tablet version of OneNote, but not One Note 2013. Despite making OneNote 2013 (Desktop) the Default One Note, clicking the top pen button does not open it.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
There is an application on the Surface called Surface.
Type Surface in Cortana search to locate it.
There you will find setting for the action of the Pen Top Button

John Wentz

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Everyone suggests to change the app defaults and use the Surface app. None of these (obviously correct approaches) fix the issue. Given most of us are having this issue after upgrading to Windows 10 Preview, we may have to just wait for M$ to fix this bug.

I have yet to find a viable working solution on the net. For now, perhaps just use the Windows Key + N to open OneNote (Desktop). Or use the Modern UI version if suitable for you, till M$ releases a patch.

G19002000

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. I did upgrade yesterday my surf pro 3 from windows 8 pro to win 10 and am unable to open or capture the screen (of my lecture notes, engineering drawings etc.) any more with OneNote Desktop. It only opens in OneNote App which is totally inadequate for me.

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It's a Bluetooth problem. If you open settings/ devices/ Bluetooth, leave it open then hit the pen button OneNote will open like it should, but close Bluetooth and it won't open...

TooSweaty

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
It's not the Bluetooth though, it's the command prompt that cannot be unchecked when you remove default from one note to one note (desktop)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo