Get pen input on extended external monitor?

sneak3

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

Got my sweet surface pro 2 here hooked up to an external monitor.

I would like to use the extended setting so I can have 2 screens instead of mirroring the surface's.

However, if I extend screen, I can't get the pen cursor to show on the 2nd monitor. I'd have to use a mouse to do that, which is not the case for me.

I figured since the pen works 100% fine in mirror mode and projection mode (surface screen turned off, external screen only), it has got to work when screens are extended.

How can I make the cursor appear in my external second monitor, while having the surface screen turned on as well? Maybe some sort of way to switch between both?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It cannot work in extended mode because your secondary monitor doesn't have pen input. It doesn't have a digitizer beneath the surface of the screen.

The reason it works in mirror mode is it's just a reflection of what your surface screen is. So you're still using the surface screen as the digitizer. And in "projection mode", you're still using the surface screen as your digitizer.

When it's in extended mode, the surface screen is the screen with the digitizer. The secondary screen cannot reflect this. It's its own display because it's merely extended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05