OneDrive on Surface Pro 3 using W10

Peteinoz

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Ondrive on Surface Pro 3 using W10

Hi all,
First Post :)
Just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Win10.

Like it BUT...what has happened to Onedrive?

Under 8.1 I could save directly to the cloud and not use my onboard storage. In W10 it appears I need to sync folders which in turn downloads the files to my Pro and uses my onboard storage...which defeats the purpose of cloud storage!

Any ideas? or am I doing something wrong?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ondrive on Surface Pro 3 using W10

Working as intended. Windows 10 OneDrive now works like Windows 7 OneDrive did, you now have to sync everything in a folder. Smart files like Windows 8.1 are gone for the time being. Maybe they will return in the future.

This and losing WMC is why I'm staying on 8.1 for a while.

DayDreaMer459

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft accommodated the request from the ignorant people. Have to live with it until they come up with a solution which I'm hoping is going to be available on TH2.

Peteinoz

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

ok looks like back to 8.1 I go then, seems silly that you have cloud storage and you need to sync to the Surface Pro and use up valuble HDD space!

smunro622

May 30, 2015
Visit site

ok looks like back to 8.1 I go then, seems silly that you have cloud storage and you need to sync to the Surface Pro and use up valuble HDD space!

I would agree as I have close to a tb of cloud storage this is kind of a killer for me.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I guess it's OK if you have a huge HDD and just use Onedrive as a backup, but on something with a limited capacity it's terrible.

The Onedrive integration is poor in W10, hopefully future updates will improve things?

Peteinoz

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Hopefully!
I guess it's OK if you have a huge HDD and just use Onedrive as a backup, but on something with a limited capacity it's terrible.

The Onedrive integration is poor in W10, hopefully future updates will improve things?

BobPro2

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I think we both misunderstood what was intended by 'sync' during the win10 installation. I went to file explorer and had no files in OneDrive. We should have selected 'all' when asked what we wanted to sync. The intent was apparently to sync 'all' of the files we already had there. I dunno, but i was able to 'restore' OneDrive to a time before the win10 upgrade. There is a 'OneDrive Management' tab in file explorer to do that. All is well now. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99