Physical button options and screen keyboard

chrisdude

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone an idea how to adjust the properties of the 'physical' Windows button in Win10 for the SP3? (the one near the screen I mean). I suppose this button is somehow custamizable to give ot different functions, but I can't find where to do it.

Since I installed Win10 it seems that when the on-screen keyboard is opened, it covers the content (i.e. a text-field on a website). So actually, you don't see what you write when it is on the bottom of your screen, unless you have the oppertunity to scroll further downwards (which is not always possible). This seem to occur in Chrome mostly.
If I remember well with Win 8.1, the screen was shifted upwards when the keyboard was openend in order to make visible what you are writing. Did anyone also noticed this?

Hope someone can help me out,

Thanks

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
For your issue with the physical button there is an app you download from the store called "Surface" (its a blue square) and that will let you customize some specific surface settings like pen sensitivity and button settings.

As for the on screen keyboard I've found it doesn't seem to do that anymore, weather it's a bug or not I'm not sure all I could say is check out the windows feedback and mention it there.

chrisdude

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Pedenske for your feedback. I've downloaded the Surface app, but it only allows me to switch the button ON or OFF. No further functionality assignment unfortunatly.

Thanks,

M Reno

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
OMG, this keyboard problem is HORRIBLE!

Even searching for a solution is annoying:

Windows 10, Virtual Keyboard, Surface Pro 3, Always on top

I am still trying to debug; it seems to work properly in the Windows Search applet. But not in Chrome, Flipboard, outlook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786