"Recommended" USB 3.0 hub

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have a "recommended USB 3.0 hub for the SP3? It seems I can't find one that works, especially with Windows 10. I've tried a few (manufacturer names escape me at the moment), but they all seem to not connect properly. The latest one is a unit called j5Create, which I got from Best Buy. When I plug it in, all I get are the connect/disconnet USB tones, and it never stabilizes until I unplug it. I shouldn't have to install any drivers for a hub, so nit sure what's going on.

Any thoughts?

anders.ostling

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
"Recommended" USB 3.0 hub

Did you connect The hub to external power? The USB port on the SP3 is infamous for the low powered USB port.

Skickat fr?n min iPad med Tapatalk

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Recommended" USB 3.0 hub

Did you connect The hub to external power? The USB port on the SP3 is infamous for the low powered USB port.

Yea, the ones I tried all had external power. The last one, the j5Create, didn't even work at all if it wasn't plugged in, which I thought was kinda weird... Oh well, I'll just keep trying...

Thanks for the reply... :)

bradatharmony

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I just bought an Orico P10-U3 hub and connected to my SP3 dock. It works without a hitch....I haven't tried connecting it directly to the SP3.

Sent from my 2015 Ram Ecodiesel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium