The stupid pen is being stupid

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I am honestly hoping its the stupid pen. But I really do not want to go buy a new pen.
I still have the one that came with it, and I really don't know what's wrong with it. I've un-paired it, paired it and still acts the same.

It writes for 2 seconds then it stops. I've changed the battery. And I have new ones too, and nothing. The pen just doesn't want to write, but the top clicker works for screenshot. It is annoying as ****. Semester is starting next week and I'm trying to get this **** working.

Was there ever an update? I'm now on windows 10, but even on windows 8.1, it was ****ting on me.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am honestly hoping its the stupid pen. But I really do not want to go buy a new pen.
I still have the one that came with it, and I really don't know what's wrong with it. I've un-paired it, paired it and still acts the same.

It writes for 2 seconds then it stops. I've changed the battery. And I have new ones too, and nothing. The pen just doesn't want to write, but the top clicker works for screenshot. It is annoying as ****. Semester is starting next week and I'm trying to get this **** working.

Was there ever an update? I'm now on windows 10, but even on windows 8.1, it was ****ting on me.

Here are the troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen for Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3

Just so you know, if you use it a lot, you can replace the tips for free. Just call the number in this thread and Microsoft will send you a pack of 3 tips.

Replacement Surface Pro 3 Pen Tips - Microsoft Community

P.S. If there is a Microsoft Store nearby, you can take it in and see if they can replace the pen.

dhbailey

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
There are two sets of batteries -- there's the long, easily seen AAAA battery and there are also tiny coin-type batteries inside the top part of the pen. Did you replace *all* the batteries?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
After a few days with your tips, it stopped working again. it turns out my pen was faulty. I never knew this because it was fine the first day sp3 was released then I would get the usual hiccups. And when I went to a Microsoft store to get my pen checked, all of the other ones on display were able to connect to my surface without a hitch. They were nice enough to trade my pen for free and also Microsoft help desk online is also sending one for free. Basically I got 2. 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre