Netflix App very laggy now

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if others use the Netflix app or not on their SP3 but I do. Up until the latest round of updates, it was the best. It was better than my ipad that I had just moved from. Buttery smooth and the screen resolution is amazing.

Resolution is great still, but every 60-90 seconds there is this stuttering on the screen and it does not stop.

Does anyone else use Netflix app and if so, anyone else have the same issues? I'd like to know so I can look into how to correct it if it can be corrected.

Thank you

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been running Netflix just with an internet connection, but after seeing your post, I installed the app. I ran it for about 10 minutes, no lag or jitter was noted. I'm running windows 8.1, 8G RAM, i5 processor.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been running Netflix just with an internet connection, but after seeing your post, I installed the app. I ran it for about 10 minutes, no lag or jitter was noted. I'm running windows 8.1, 8G RAM, i5 processor.

Well I think I figured it out.

I went into my Neflix account and changed the resolution to Auto setting.

I also decided to upgrade my account to HD and Ultra HD not just HD. Cost's $3 more per month but not worried about that.

When I did that, I got rid of the lag for the most part..there was a LITTLE bit but not nearly as much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon