How do i get replacement surface pen nibs without owning a surface tablet?

hxu1

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Surface pen from microsoft store online for my Sony Vaio Tap 11 and like many others have experienced a lot of wear on the tip. It's been less than a year since pen purchase so I called them up. The surface department claimed they cannot help me since all warranty information is linked to a Surface tablet which I don't have. I was transferred to a few other departments who all told me that the Surface department is the only people that can help me. After being transferred back 3 times over 1.5hrs, I was told the same thing by 3 reps : No surface tablet, no help. The only offer of solution I got was they could help me with a replacement pen for 49.99..

The hell is this? I bought the pen separately, I shouldn't have to have a surface tablet to get warranty service for it. Any possible workaround for me to get replacement tips?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I really wish I could be of further help. Unfortunately, from all the people I have had contact with state they had to provide the serial number for their Surface unit in order to get replacement nibs for the pen. Several people reported touch and go issues with support, with one person knowing what the nib was and another not. One stating they are available and another not available. Inconsistency is what I get out of that.

I'd try back. Try the online chat, make sure you are talking to Surface support. Provide your original purchase information showing them you purchased it separately. It is a Surface Pen, and it must be handled by the Surface department. If a regular support representative says no, then tell them you wish to speak with a supervisor, and start kicking it up the chain. The idea that they can only be operated with a Surface is ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720