Surface Pro 4 Processors

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone more technologically savvy than I please explain the differences pros/cons of the m3/i5 versions?

I need to find a buyer for my SP3 so that my girlfriend doesn't kill me in my sleep, too. Lol.

Thanks in advance.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Can someone more technologically savvy than I please explain the differences pros/cons of the m3/i5 versions?

I need to find a buyer for my SP3 so that my girlfriend doesn't kill me in my sleep, too. Lol.

Thanks in advance.

If I suddenly stop posting on this forum it means mine killed me for buying a 950, SP4, Band and possibly Surefacebook. Pray for me.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This really left me with more questions. Lol.

Those tables can be summed up as follows:

The Core m system will be quite a bit slower, but offer somewhat better battery life during use (guessing around 12h rather than 9h). Compared to the Core m, the i5 and i7 will offer performance comparable to that of a normal laptop, at the expense of battery life. The biggest difference will be graphics performance however. When it comes to GPU operations, the i5 will often be two to three times faster.

If you ever play a game or do graphics work, the Core m is not for you. If you're often on the road with power cords nowhere in sight, AND your primary concern is battery life AND you spend almost all of your time using Office, or writing mails and such, the Core m may be the better choice.

How do they compare to sp3 i7?

Compared to which SP4 model?

You can probably find most of what you're looking for here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9582/intel-skylake-mobile-desktop-launch-architecture-analysis/2

For the Core m series, Intel is claiming 40% GPU performance improvement over the last gen. It doesn't sound like general CPU performance has changed much.

For the ULP Core i5/i7 series, Intel is claiming a 60% efficiency improvement over the last gen. This means either 60% less active power during media consumption or 60% more CPU performance at the same power. They are also claiming the same 40% GPU performance improvement over last gen.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb