What is the expected battery life of the Surface Pro 4?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
i thought skylake would increase battery life or something. This is annoying. I want a tablet that can at least reach 12 hrs.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
i thought skylake would increase battery life or something. This is annoying. I want a tablet that can at least reach 12 hrs.

Well I'm currently getting an average of ~8hrs (Pro 3, i5) of battery life, but this is a collective mix of Office, Apps, internet (YouTube, Google scholar, etc.) But I feel your pain, its annoying that you can't get at least get a days worth of battery, it would have also been nice if they'd released a power cover with the Pro 4.

Christopher Senn1

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
the new skylakes definitely use less power. Plus no fan. Plus no overheating, thus slowing down the processor.
Maybe 10-12?
Wonder what the differences will be between the i3 and i7 battery life

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
the new skylakes definitely use less power. Plus no fan. Plus no overheating, thus slowing down the processor.
Maybe 10-12?
Wonder what the differences will be between the i3 and i7 battery life

There is no i3 Surface Pro 4...

There is the Core M3, Core i5 and Core i7...

The Core M is without a fan, while I'm not sure whether or not the i5 and i7 models have a fan ( I'm more so leaning towards them having a fan)

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Also, here is the battery life info.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...surface-pro-4%23techspec-block&token=n1GWJ4wY

If you read the fine print it says this about which CPU they get the 9 hours battery life rating from and how they got it.

"2 Testing conducted by Microsoft in September 2015 using preproduction Intel? Core? i5, 256GB, 8 GB RAM device. Testing consisted of full battery discharge during video playback. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors."

This leads me to believe that realistically if you are using it beyond light duty you'll probably get in the 6-7 hours range. Maybe 8 if you dim the screen.

I am sure it can probably pull a full 9 hours in light duty usage though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven