Why does my touchscreen think I'm always touching the top right corner of the display?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Touchscreen thinks I'm always touching the top right corner of the display.

I've got a new Surface Pro 3 with nothing on it - I ran all the windows update to Windows 10 - and I noticed that it heats up quit fast with literally nothing else running because no apps are installed.

After about 10 minutes the device is hot to the touch at the upper back right and it looks like it always thinks that I'm using the touchscreen in this top right corner.

Is there any way to make sure I'm up to date? This is a brand new device, but it really is getting hot.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen thinks I'm always touching the top right corner of the display.

Hmm, sounds strange. Have you tried a refresh of the PC?

Should be in Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC and click Get Started.

Hopefully this will work for you. I've had this problem on my Acer Iconia W3-810 (although unsupported by Acer, it runs Windows 10 Pro) and a reset solved the problem or reinstallation of drivers, but as far as I'm aware, I don't know if there are any driver packages for the Surface Pro 3 available, only the firmware updates provided by Microsoft via WU.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12