Can Anyone Recommend a Good USB Sound Card?!?!?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I need a good USB sound card for my Surface Pro 3...

I need something similar to this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TPMEOYM/ref=twister_B0143LK50G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Although with a STEREO line in input jack... EVERY SINGLE ONE I find online has stereo output but mono input... I cannot find a good one anywhere..

I would like for it to not exceed the price of $20

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Also I see lost of these things called "audio interfaces" that also seem to have the iput and output jacks I need, but they also have all these knobs and stuff that I have no idea how to use, or need. Plus they're expensive...so no

Brana

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The link you left is for a USB hub, not a sound card. Take a look at Behringer UCA222. (I can't post links yet, sorry, just search for it on Amazon)

It's close to 20 dollars and reportedly has a very good sound quality. It has both stereo inputs and outputs plus a digital output.

There's another model called UCA202 which should be cheaper (the only difference being color and bundled software), but at the moment UCA222 can be found a few dollars cheaper.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The link you left is for a USB hub, not a sound card. Take a look at Behringer UCA222. (I can't post links yet, sorry, just search for it on Amazon)

It's close to 20 dollars and reportedly has a very good sound quality. It has both stereo inputs and outputs plus a digital output.

There's another model called UCA202 which should be cheaper (the only difference being color and bundled software), but at the moment UCA222 can be found a few dollars cheaper.

The audio input on that device is RCA (obsolete in the world of home consumer media IMHO considering many audio/visual hookups use hdmi and a lot of speakers nowadays support wireless). I would need it to have an input accepting a TRS cable...

But thanks anyway

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, I don't need it to be that high quality ( or whatever it is that makes it worth $200+)...

What you posted is almost head on the nail. It's just that I want something under $25. What you posted probably has alot of extras that are making it expensive that I don't need. I literally just need a Usb device that'll add a 3.5mm stereo line in jack to my Surface Pro 3.

But thanks

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Not within the $20 price range, but this is one of the best you can get for the money:

LH Labs Product Page Template

I've been using the v1 for over a year now (I also have their desktop Pulse DAC for my home audio)

With the Geek Out, you can plug two sets of headphones simultaneously, supports all digital formats up to DSD, great headamp built in, and

with a mini-plug o RCA adapter you can input to your home audio setup (yes, RCA is still the analog audio standard)

There are many other options, if you go this external DAC route.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't need it to be that high quality ( or whatever it is that makes it worth $200+)...

What you posted is almost head on the nail. It's just that I want something under $25. What you posted probably has alot of extras that are making it expensive that I don't need. I literally just need a Usb device that'll add a 3.5mm stereo line in jack to my Surface Pro 3.
Ancient thread, but did you ever find what you need? I'd like to add audio out on my continuum dock to play music from my 950XL via continuum dock. I'd actually be fine with RCA like on the Behringer UCA202, but I can't find if that one works with USB OTG.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
In the meantime I learned that the 950XL supposedly supports AptX audio over Bluetooth, so I ordered an AtpX wireless audio unit to hook up to my Onkyo receiver. All I want is high quality audio from my phone to my stereo, so if AtpX does that, I'm set. I'll know more on Monday.

So I no realize that this thread was not about phones :) but to wrap this up, I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWEUNAA?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3602762 and once I located the digital in on my receiver it works like a charm. Just shows up as a bluetooth audio device, but with much higher audio quality. Awesome!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss