SquareTrade "repairing" my SP3?

Russell Chase

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Have a one year old SP3 that won't turn on unless power adapter plugged in?I did all of the one and two button power on procedures without success. I sent it into to SquareTrade and after about 10 days of them sitting on it I called and they said that they are waiting on parts, specifically an LED screen. Has any one had their SP3 truly cracked open and repaired? Maybe they have to bust the screen to get inside to replace battery and then glue a new one on and they figure buying a new screen is cheaper than cutting me a check for the replacement value. However, all of the breakdown sites I've seen indicate that the SP3 is unrepairable. I wonder if MS is actually selling parts for repairs or whether squaretrade is trying to buy time so they can find a used SP3 to give me. Alternatively, given the time they've had it, maybe they are sourcing grey marked screens from China and glueing them on with elmers. If so, it will be interesting to see how long the screen stays glued on considering how well glued they come from the factory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion