Two problems that carried on to SP4

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been using sp3 since it was launched and throughout that time I had habits good and bad on using the surface. One is yanking the keyboard on the side because its faster that didnt require much effort, and the other is flipping the kickstand fast and pushing it harder in the middle part. OVer a year, these two things happened.

347jgxe.jpg
The two flaps that looks just they were just superglued to the back came off.

mwegbk.jpg
The keyboard hard plastic is also slowly detaching itself with my habit of taking it apart from the side specifically left side.
I can easily fix this with super glue but I'm just putting this out there for future Surface owners to be aware of these issues.

I went to the store last week to check and it looks like they still have the same designs.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Been using my surface since launch as well, don't have these issues. Only piece of garbage parts I noticed was the power supply. Right by the connector that goes into the surface, the cords are loose and i have exposed wires. I am very careful with it. Design flaw that many others have. Poorly made cord. And stupid magnetic connection that puts lateral stress on wire for most angles there.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should take care of your devices a little more :smile:

Its kind of like blaming a car company like Honda and saying that their car isnt good, but you drove it like a maniac all the time and didnt do oil changes and just didnt take care of it.....

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"yanking the keyboard"

"flipping the kickstand fast and pushing it harder in the middle part"

"I went to the store last week to check and it looks like they still have the same designs."

Words fail me. Actually I'll bite. We have numerous Surface devices in work, around 8, with multiple touch and type keyboards. Not one device has had the issues that you've had yet, as you've admitted it yourself, you're to blame.

Of course the new devices have the same design as there's nothing wrong with the design. Ditto for the power supply.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Well u have to put it in real life situations. I rush and need things done fast. Its not abusing. Its just day to day thing.

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I agree. In my corporate environment we are more of a reactive than a proactive company, so we are ALWAYS rushing and running around like mad men. That still doesn't stop me from taking all of an extra 1-2 seconds to be more careful with my SP3 in both of these aspects as well as others.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Well when you're handling a (at minimum) $700 machine, you tend to not rip things off of it. Or push down on the kickstand really hard. You get even more careful the more expensive it gets. Once it's $2,000 your Surface is a solid gold puppy holding a diamond chicken egg and you have to treat it like you would a grumpy girlfriend. There's no design flaws here, especially since this is the first I've ever heard of it. This is user error, realizing that, yes, things do wear down after a while, especially when you're rough with them.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Well when you're handling a (at minimum) $700 machine, you tend to not rip things off of it. Or push down on the kickstand really hard. You get even more careful the more expensive it gets. Once it's $2,000 your Surface is a solid gold puppy holding a diamond chicken egg and you have to treat it like you would a grumpy girlfriend. There's no design flaws here, especially since this is the first I've ever heard of it. This is user error, realizing that, yes, things do wear down after a while, especially when you're rough with them.

I need to adopt this thinking with my next electronic device haha ;)

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The only time I've ever really seen this happen is on the floor models they have on sale at Best Buy. I don't think the keyboard is a huge probably, but more of an annoyance. The kickstand could prove to be troublesome.

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Not sure I agree. In my corporate environment we are more of a reactive than a proactive company, so we are ALWAYS rushing and running around like mad men. That still doesn't stop me from taking all of an extra 1-2 seconds to be more careful with my SP3 in both of these aspects as well as others.

Exactly, there is no need to run around like "chickens without heads" and abuse your electronics in the process. I never bought that excuse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte