I just picked up my SP4! Have you?!

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't you just love the smell of a new electronic?! So far I'm pleased with the packaging and all!

I can't wait to put my Photoshop suite on this guy and do some sketching! One thing that I do find odd is that the replacement nibs are not included with the initial purchase. I'm not sure what the info is on that, but I assumed that it came with those. Ah well this is totally better than the Surface Pro (original) that I had.

Who else picked theirs up today and what model?

I got the i5 8gb 256 SSD.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! Mine is on the UPS truck; should be here in couple of hours. You are correct - the additional tips are extra. (But they're just $10.)

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
When I first saw how much those nibs were I thought it was a typo. If that was a set of Wacom nibs it would be like $90.

As to the topic, No, I did not. MS called me yesterday to tell me my Surface is stuck in customs andd they don't know when it will be in. I went out to Best Buy this morning to see if maybe by chance they had any lying around, and they did, but they were the i5 models and I ordered an i7 from the MS store so I guess I'm stuck waiting. I bought a Google Nexus Player to mess around with in the meantime :p

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I broke down on my lunch break and got an i5/256gb/8gb version with a black keyboard. I have 14days to figure out if it's worth the money. I'm traveling for 6 of thoes days. I will be here discussing with you guys as often as i can.

Would you guys get the Geek Squad accidental plan, or the MS Complete? they are the same price, and i defiantly want one of them.

I promised my wife i would wait until we both got home to unbox it.... Why did i do that? lol

tennisfan#AC

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my i5/128gb/4gb version with a black keyboard at a Bowling Green, KY Best Buy store. I was told that I was the first customer to purchase the SP4. However, the salesperson mentioned that several customers have come in wanting to purchase the Surface Book. Of course they did not get any Surface Books to sell. I am so busy at work right now but I look forward to setting up the SP4 later today. I called two different Best Buy stores and both are only carrying the black and darker blue keyboards and no keyboards with the fingerprint scanner.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I picked up my i5/128gb/4gb version with a black keyboard at a Bowling Green, KY Best Buy store. I was told that I was the first customer to purchase the SP4. However, the salesperson mentioned that several customers have come in wanting to purchase the Surface Book. Of course they did not get any Surface Books to sell. I am so busy at work right now but I look forward to setting up the SP4 later today. I called two different Best Buy stores and both are only carrying the black and darker blue keyboards and no keyboards with the fingerprint scanner.
My BB only had black and dark blue keyboards as well. Black is what i wanted so NBD for me. They said they could order and have it delivered by the end of the week any color i wanted tho.

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
so, nobody wants to do user hands on reviews? You guys too busy playing with the new toy? Since I7 is not yet out a user review of the m3 would be nice :smile:

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I broke down on my lunch break and got an i5/256gb/8gb version with a black keyboard. I have 14days to figure out if it's worth the money. I'm traveling for 6 of thoes days. I will be here discussing with you guys as often as i can.

Would you guys get the Geek Squad accidental plan, or the MS Complete? they are the same price, and i defiantly want one of them.

I promised my wife i would wait until we both got home to unbox it.... Why did i do that? lol

So I am going to a be a bit partial towards the Geek Squad plan since I work at Best Buy. When it comes to major repairs or fixes they usually swap it out for a new unit or a comparable unit. The protection plan is considered redeemed and you'd have to buy a new one. However they now cover submersion and severe drops in that plan and it should include the Geek Squad Technical Support (software) which can be useful. (Set-up, troubleshoot, virus removal, software install, optimation, etc.) That can be done in-store, over the phone and through the computer itself.

I bought the 2 years. You can renew these plans one more time for 1/2/3 years again just BEFORE the plan expires. It's usually done by email or over the phone.

I wish I could give you specifics on the Microsoft plan, but I only bought it for my Band which I know is a completely different kind of plan.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
so, nobody wants to do user hands on reviews? You guys too busy playing with the new toy? Since I7 is not yet out a user review of the m3 would be nice :smile:

Haha I'm terrible at those hands-on reviews. I was debating on doing an unboxing, but did get excited.

skopelos

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello... I picked today from best buy the same model as yours the I5 128gb ram.The thing that I immediately noticed is that with just 2-3 tabs open in explorer the fan kicks in, the machine gets hot and the noise is very loud.Is that normal or should I return it and get the 8gb model? Are you facing the same situation as me?

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the same today and I've been less than impressed. It's frozen 4 times in 3 hours, plus the touch screen has become unresponsive twice - I had to reattach the keyboard.

I'm hoping it is nothing more than firmware updates, but they better fix it quick or I'm going to have to return it.

Nick Steinmetz1

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
just a heads up for people haveing performance issues at first remember win 10 uses a lot of processor, ram, and hdd when its new. after a few days it will be better. the first hour i was thinking the same thing. i left mine on while i left it on the charger for a few hours and it was ten times better. i havent had it get hot or heard the fan kick on since.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So I am going to a be a bit partial towards the Geek Squad plan since I work at Best Buy. When it comes to major repairs or fixes they usually swap it out for a new unit or a comparable unit. The protection plan is considered redeemed and you'd have to buy a new one. However they now cover submersion and severe drops in that plan and it should include the Geek Squad Technical Support (software) which can be useful. (Set-up, troubleshoot, virus removal, software install, optimation, etc.) That can be done in-store, over the phone and through the computer itself.

I bought the 2 years. You can renew these plans one more time for 1/2/3 years again just BEFORE the plan expires. It's usually done by email or over the phone.

I wish I could give you specifics on the Microsoft plan, but I only bought it for my Band which I know is a completely different kind of plan.

Thanks for the info, do you know how long i have to add the plan? I'm pretty sure you can add Microsoft Complete up to 45days after purchase.

orangesplease

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Good to know about W10 getting better. I was having similar issues with my i5/256gb/8gb. I have mine on a dual screen set up (using the surface screen and external monitor) and the graphics card crashed multiple times yesterday while watching hulu and doing light web browsing. I hope to experience the change in performance sooner than later! ha ha

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey...I have a Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 512GB. Is it worth going to now, even if I have to step down in processor and storage or should I hold on to my SP3 another year and get the new type cover?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss