Yellow Tint Bug?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Surface Pro 4 and like it so far, but noticed sometimes when I'm on a website using the Microsoft Edge browser, a yellow tint color goes to my screen, then back off right away. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, has anyone found a solution to it as well? I finished installing all the updates and have nothing to update.

Nick Steinmetz1

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I have found that if you go to the display settings and turn off the auto brightness option i haven't seen the issue again. I have been using chrome since so im not sure if that happens to help or not.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Jesus Christ I thought I was the only one. I was about to drive back to Microsoft Store and exchange it.

Someone needs this addressed or I may go back this Friday when I have to pick up the Band.

I also noticed mine flickers when I scroll the screen fast enough.

I'm not alone!!!

MartyB

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this myself, along with some other visual effects (screen blink) when scrolling or loading some pages. Not under other circumstances. On one page in particular, it happens specifically when an adobe ad appears on the right. Only that ad. This leads me t believe it's a bug, not a defect. It's too reproducible and dependent on particulars. I wouldn't return it, this requires a patch, not a replacement.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. I also turned off auto-brightness and that stopped the flickering. The yellow tint is still there though.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Can someone post a screenshot of the tint? I know sometimes when smartphones first ship this has been known to be caused by some glue in the display not fully evaporating but that it goes away after a few days. Could it be that?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Can someone post a screenshot of the tint? I know sometimes when smartphones first ship this has been known to be caused by some glue in the display not fully evaporating but that it goes away after a few days. Could it be that?

The screen literally is changing colors as you scroll. It's a software bug. I'm getting More of a green and some times a pinkish tint color in the white parts of web sites.

Edit: On Facebook the color tint changes, the screen flickers and jitters side to side when scrolling over certain parts.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Seems widespread now. I'm hearing it in other forums. Hopefully Microsoft will take notice and do something. Win central team need to report this.

Ian Drake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Same problem, on edge only, affects entire screen. Scroll on Facebook and you'll see tons of issues. Screen tint seems to change, screen seems "shake", and or go to black for up to 2 seconds, etc...

Fixed it by switching to chrome. Don't recall this being a problem on my MBA with Win10.

Anyone having a bad two finger scrolling experience? I think my trackpad is busted. Cursor moves fine, but second finger doesn't register half the time, and it's worst on the right side of the track pad.

MartyB

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you happen to have Visual Studio installed? I had exactly this problem, and it hit at very predictable moments. Clearly a software bug. I've seen some suggestions that it may be Hyper-V related.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss