MAJOR Delay on i7 Surface Pro 4s!!

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If you ordered a Surface Pro 4 with an i7 processor from a Microsoft store, you won't be able to pick it up before NOVEMBER 20th!!

Just got the email from Microsoft (after TWO of them telling me in was in and ready to be picked up) confirming that it's delayed. CALL AHEAD BEFORE YOU LEAVE TO PICK UP YOUR PREORDER!!

Microsoft.PNG

donhillla

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Online orders have always said 11/20 since 10/6, first day to pre-order. Not sure why the stores have been telling people 10/26 for the i7.

brianbrain

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Online orders have always said 11/20 since 10/6, first day to pre-order. Not sure why the stores have been telling people 10/26 for the i7.

This. Some MS store employees were not properly informed it seems, but all i7 units have always had a ship-by date of 11/20.

Talldog

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Thurrott.com has an article up about the new devices going on sale today. Someone called "poddie" in the comments is saying he ordered the i7 SP4 online and got it today.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Store called me Sunday night to tell me my order was "delayed by customs". She started her sentence with "You're not gonna believe this, but..."

Yeah, I didn't believe her.

Zoophagous

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I was assured by several customer representatives in-store on October 12th when I put in my pre-order for an i7 model that it would be available October 26. On Sunday, October 25, I got a voicemail from that store, "...we did not receive your product in time for the launch tomorrow, sometime in the next week we expect it to be here...you are pretty high on the list so you'll be one of the first people to get it as soon as it comes in". Alright fine, that's a letdown, but at least I will have it sometime this week. Then yesterday (Oct 26), I get the same email as the OP that says I was misinformed and I could expect my SP4 Nov. 20. I don't have a problem with the original release day being mixed up but I do have a problem with being falsely reassured by the store representatives several times. Basically I feel jerked around. I also apparently missed a launch-day gift bag that contained a coupon for 10% off accessories? This is all very disappointing.

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The i7 was always slated for 11/20. I too got the email yesterday saying mine was ready for pickup. Curious I called MS and the store as well. They told me that there had been an error and that "pickup" email had been mistakenly sent to all users who had pre-ordered, regardless of device. That's why they then sent out that later email about the i7 and the 11/20 date.

You might want to change the title of your post to take out the "MAJOR delay" and all the scary exclamation marks as it's nothing new....

Cheers,

DavidM

Talldog

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The i7 delay turned out to be a blessing for my wife and me. After reading all the Surface Book reviews the past couple of days, we went to the store today and spent about 15 minutes playing with one. We ended up cancelling our i7 pre-orders and ordering 2 Books, i5/8Gb/256Gb/GPU. Can't wait.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If you ordered a Surface Pro 4 with an i7 processor from a Microsoft store, you won't be able to pick it up before NOVEMBER 20th!!

Just got the email from Microsoft (after TWO of them telling me in was in and ready to be picked up) confirming that it's delayed. CALL AHEAD BEFORE YOU LEAVE TO PICK UP YOUR PREORDER!!

Fixed:

k49tae.jpg

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried to order an i7 SP4 and was told it would ship Dec. 2nd. That's part of why I got an i5. It's probably a good thing, the extra $300 for better discreet graphics was making less and less sense. I wonder how many others came to their senses while waiting for the i7 and just got a cheaper i5 instead?

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Too bad they aren't extending the trade-in program to allow for this. I'm not parting with my current surface until a new one is physically in my hands.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I tried to order an i7 SP4 and was told it would ship Dec. 2nd. That's part of why I got an i5. It's probably a good thing, the extra $300 for better discreet graphics was making less and less sense. I wonder how many others came to their senses while waiting for the i7 and just got a cheaper i5 instead?

None of the Surface Pro 4's have discrete graphics. They're all integrated.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Too bad they aren't extending the trade-in program to allow for this. I'm not parting with my current surface until a new one is physically in my hands.

I was also bummed about this. ended up trading today (last day) for an i5/8/256 though I really want 16/512. planning to return it for the larger model, assuming of course that they show up within 30 days of today...

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
If you're at all interested in gaming or GPU acceleration in graphics/video applications, you will want the Iris graphics that come with the i7 rather than the standard graphics with the i5.

Seems kind of silly to worry about a few weeks when you're going to be using a computer for a long time.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not about "gaming is your primary concern". It's about versatility. If a person wants an ultra-portable with the form factor and features of a Surface Pro machine, but also wants to play games, you're going to need the Iris graphics. Even the Iris graphics is not a panacea. But it can make a good game run decently versus unplayable with standard Intel graphics.

Gaming laptops are huge and bulky. They're not cheap either. Most ultrabooks only have standard Intel graphics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro