Any issues with windows 10 and the Pro 4?

Rafaelcab

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded from the Pro 3 to the Pro 4 and am loving the better heat and fan management of the new system, but it seems that when I restart or power on the surface it sits for a while on the logo screen before coming. Also I am finding small bugs here and there, just yesterday it froze on me while surfing the web. Anyone else having my or any issues? I upgraded to windows 10 on my pro 3, but it was so terrible I reverted back to windows 8.1. I feel that windows 10, though the potential is there for a great operating system, it was half baked and rushed to market or maybe its just my luck.

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
What kind of issues were you having on your Pro 3? Just curious. I have been running my Pro 3 on Win10 for quite a while now, and haven't had any issue at all. I don't run tablet mode often, and it spends most of its time in a dock on my work desk. I did have an issue with the USB and Ethernet ports on the dock for a minute. I thought it was a bad dock, but then saw a "needs to finish installing" message in the action center. Finished, and no more issues. I also don't use Edge (extensions or not for me).

Nutmegz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Biggest problem I have with windows 10 is it's scaling still sucks big time. Have to scale, I can't see anything at 100% scaling.

Rafaelcab

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
What kind of issues were you having on your Pro 3? Just curious. I have been running my Pro 3 on Win10 for quite a while now, and haven't had any issue at all. I don't run tablet mode often, and it spends most of its time in a dock on my work desk. I did have an issue with the USB and Ethernet ports on the dock for a minute. I thought it was a bad dock, but then saw a "needs to finish installing" message in the action center. Finished, and no more issues. I also don't use Edge (extensions or not for me).

I used my pro 3 on the go most of the time, but the issues that I had after upgrading was that it would always get hot quickly in-turn kicking on the fan and because of that the battery life was horrible. Also as I mentioned above with my pro 4 when restarting or powering on it would be stuck on the surface logo for a good minute before actually booting up.

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I used my pro 3 on the go most of the time, but the issues that I had after upgrading was that it would always get hot quickly in-turn kicking on the fan and because of that the battery life was horrible. Also as I mentioned above with my pro 4 when restarting or powering on it would be stuck on the surface logo for a good minute before actually booting up.

Ah, gotcha. Interesting how different use scenarios can turn up bugs someone else might not see. My fan does kick on occasionally, but I don't notice it more than I did on 8.1. I also hadn't noticed a battery life hit, but spending most of its life in a dock, I probably wouldn't. I also don't shut it down often, so if there is a hang on boot up, I wouldn't see it. It does wake from sleep plenty quick.

Nutmegz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Try restarting the SP4 without the keyboard attached. I notice it takes a lot longer with the keyboard attached then without.

Rafaelcab

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Since the update to support the windows hello camera features. my battery life has been horrible. When not in use the battery drained from 73% to 46% in 4 hours. is the battery drain normal if not any fixes I can do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa