Type cover compatibility

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before
Just bought a SP2 and would like to know if the SP4 type cover is compatible. Heard that is not, but don't understand why it wouldn't be, given that the SP3 TC is compatible with the SP2 and the SP4 TC is compatible with the SP3.
If is not compatible, is because it doesn't fit in the port or only because MS doesn't want it to be even if it fits?
Thanks

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I think they will actually work (you should confirm though) but the sizes are physically different, so it won't match up with the SP2 when closed.

Charles Barnhart

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The type cover on my SP2 quit working with Nov update. Took to MS store to see if they could help. The tech popped the kb off and tested it on a SP4. Only thing wrong were dimensions since SP4 is larger.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It does work. I'm doing it right now. The teal Surface Pro 4 keyboard on the Surface Pro 2. My primary Surface Pro 2 (i5/8GB/512GB) still has Windows 8.1 while my secondary (i5/8GB/256GB) has Windows 10. Both machines fully updated with their respective OS.

All the features work (function keys, keyboard brightness, volume, print screen, etc.).

But it's super strange since the keyboard is so much bigger than the SP2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans