Volume Up Rocker Triggers Ctrl-Alt-Del! Help

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
On my Surface Pro 4 if I use the physical volume up rocker, I get the "Ctrl-Alt-Del" screen in Windows. If I hit Volume Down, I get a screenshot.

I've tried disabling Sticky Keys and all that crap, but it keeps happening. I can't get it to actually do volume controls. What gives?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Power button?

Yes. In the old days you pushed the start button and volume down for a screen shot. The SP4 has no start button. So the shortcut while the keyboard isn't in use is power+volumedown. And power+volumeup is the same as ctrl+alt+del.

You are getting these by simply pushing the volume buttons. Therefor it's logical to assume that your power button is in a constant state of being pushed.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes. In the old days you pushed the start button and volume down for a screen shot. The SP4 has no start button. So the shortcut while the keyboard isn't in use is power+volumedown. And power+volumeup is the same as ctrl+alt+del.

You are getting these by simply pushing the volume buttons. Therefor it's logical to assume that your power button is in a constant state of being pushed.

Interesting - I'll see if I can push it a few times to unstick it haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans