Great news! Microsoft stores are now doing trade in old surfaces for up to $700

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Credit towards new surface or other products. It was posted on Microsoft store facebook page this morning and its for limited time only.

Fritz Anker

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
This is what I just did! To my surprise the stores had the offer. I was all set to send my original pro in (as the website said it was online only), but thought why not ask the store? Turns out they had it displayed everywhere. Super easy process and now I'm typing away on a new SP4M3.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This is what I just did! To my surprise the stores had the offer. I was all set to send my original pro in (as the website said it was online only), but thought why not ask the store? Turns out they had it displayed everywhere. Super easy process and now I'm typing away on a new SP4M3.
Did you get an additional $100 for trading up to SP4? Been trying to figure out that extra $100 worked.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you get an additional $100 for trading up to SP4? Been trying to figure out that extra $100 worked.

I tried to trade in my SP2 yesterday. The store told me I could get $300 for it if I upgraded to a SP4, but only $200 if I used the amount for some other device.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Wait wait what?!?! I got my sp4 the first day. How much did u guys get for SP3??? I wanted to trade mine in, I think they'll still credit me for it.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried to trade in my SP2 yesterday. The store told me I could get $300 for it if I upgraded to a SP4, but only $200 if I used the amount for some other device.
Thanks rocketboy! Can't believe they are only offering $200 for SP2?! They are (or were) offering the same amount for a Surface 2.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to go with this until I found out that they would only give me $300 for my Surface Pro 3 i3...
I would need at least $500 for that.

These trade in values are bad imho, but I guess that's price you pay for choosing convenience over selling it yourself... Just Might try to sell mine here in the marketplace...

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to go with this until I found out that they would only give me $300 for my Surface Pro 3 i3...
I would need at least $500 for that.

These trade in values are bad imho, but I guess that's price you pay for choosing convenience over selling it yourself... Just Might try to sell mine here in the marketplace...
THey said its at least 400.

I called my store and they said that I would have to return the SP4, and rebuy it.. then apply the credit of 300, and rebuy the SP4 and get that additional 100.

I've decided on this than taking it on ebay because it is about 480. Ebay will take at least 30 from that and I have to ship the device which will cost me at least 20 dollars. And also risk a hacker getting into my files even if I reformat it, files are still there.

Last edited:

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Only disappointment is no credit for a keyboard cover. Adding it and taking it off is zero credit. But nice to have some money toward a SP4.

Fritz Anker

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what you mean by extra $100. Got $225 for my original Surface i5 128g - no credit for the keyboard (touch) - not sure I'd have gotten that on EBay and way better than the hassle anyway. ...the website mentions a minimum of $100 value for your old surface if you upgrade to the SP4.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Only disappointment is no credit for a keyboard cover. Adding it and taking it off is zero credit. But nice to have some money toward a SP4.

the rep I talked to basically just wanted the SUrface PRo 3, and power cable. no mention of keyboard and pen, so I may sell them on ebay. They can at least get me 30 and 20 each respectively.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Guys please be smart, dont use this offer. Just sell your device on craigslist or ebay....Youll like A LOT more. Like really, do yourself a favor.

Fritz Anker

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys please be smart, dont use this offer. Just sell your device on craigslist or ebay....Youll like A LOT more. Like really, do yourself a favor.

I checked ebay before I went to the store and the prices seemed all over the place for my surface. Majority of the listings I saw were much less than the offer. Definitely check first - as the values some are getting for later devices do seem too low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05