Handwriting and Cortana

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's easy. You open Cortana click on the lightbulb button; then create a reminder. you should see a box click it and it will go into handwriting mode.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Apparently...

? It is only available in the insider builds right now. You have to subscribe as an insider and install the latest build from Microsoft to get this option. ?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Apparently...

? It is only available in the insider builds right now. You have to subscribe as an insider and install the latest build from Microsoft to get this option. ?

Not true. I am not running Windows Insider. It is part of the Nov update that was released last week.

Yup that's easy to do

Done that, but say I create a reminder, I click the 'remember too...' box with the pen, but it doesn't go into handwriting mode. I can being up the handwriting 'keyboard' up manually, but that's not what the screenshots show.

Here is what it supposed to look like.

If you can't do this, then you probably don't have the Nov update yet. MSFT pushed out some other updates in conjunction with the Nov update.

Follow this link to trigger the update: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...42549%2529%2528vb_wp%2529%2528&token=sRsL504Z)

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Working flawlessly after the Nov. Update! New SP3 user here.

Off-topic, one nice feature I discovered was the personalized handwriting recognition feature for Portuguese, my mother language. Wasn`t there first time I tried accessing it (I had only the Portuguese keyboard installed at this time). Then I installed the whole Portuguese language pack and thought, ok, maybe I got this now. Nothing. Then I uninstalled the language pack, deleted the Portuguese keyboard, cause in onenote I suddenly couldn`t handwrite using the Portuguese keyboard, and finally reinstalled only the Portuguese keyboard, leaving the English one of course as my main windows language setup. Voila. The personalized handwriting recognition feature appeared and I`m very, very happy, as you can imagine. Even setup a reminder with Cortana handwriting. Good luck guys. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Not true. I am not running Windows Insider. It is part of the Nov update that was released last week.

Not in UK! I haven't got it on my SP3 with the November update

Here is what it supposed to look like.

If you can't do this, then you probably don't have the Nov update yet. MSFT pushed out some other updates in conjunction with the Nov update.

Follow this link to trigger the update: Windows 10)

View attachment 116396

View attachment 116397

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Is this available in UK? I am running 1511 ( 10586.11 ) and this does NOT appear on my SP3.
Cortana never speaks either. I think Cortana outside of the US is still very limited

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I see. No I don't think the UK got it. At least the Cortana part. Cortana is still being rolled out for non-US users. It's kinda like how it rolled out when Microsoft updated its phones from Windows Phone 8 to Windows Phone 8.1. Cortana was US only, then as more languages became available, they pushed it out to those users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers